Ups and Downs...
This week has been a week of ups and downs. Let's start with the downs, shall we?
1) I found out my family will be celebrating "Christmas" next week since my mom's chemo treatments will keep her out of commission and Avery won't be able to come home for Christmas this year.
2) I haven't done any of my shopping yet for this expedited "Christmas" celebration...and I am having a financial panic attack.
3) ANOTHER friend of mine got engaged this week. That makes 2 within the past 7 days. I really wish I could get past the jealousy that always come with this and just be unselfishly happy for people.
4) My friends Jen and Anthony are leaving me. Actually Anthony left this morning and Jen is leaving next weekend. Sniff...sniff...why do people I love always move so stinkin far away?
And for the ups:
1) I had lunch with some of my favorite friends on Friday that I never get to see and we got a chance to really catch up on each other's lives. We laughed like crazy and had a great prayer time together.
2) I am having a Girls Night Out after church tonight with some of my CRAZIEST friends and I anticipate some insanity taking place at the Ol Spaghetti Factory.
3) My sweet friend Amanda and I had an amazing conversation this week and then she sang a song in our Bible study that was hand-picked to encourage me. I was sniffling like crazy through the whole song and she told me that even though the song was for me...there was no way she could possibly make eye contact while she was singing. I love her so much.
4) After Bible study I got to squeeze on my 2 favorite kids in the whole world and it absolutely makes my whole day when Carson lights up and chants Kar-Kar everytime he sees me.
AND FOR THE BIG NEWS OF THE WEEK:
I have to admit I was having trouble getting into the Christmas or "holiday" spirit this year. With all that is going on at home, I was to the point where I was actually DREADING Christmas. Can you imagine? This, coming from me...who has always ADORED this time of year! After talking it all through with Manda, I came to realize that I am just having a hard time accepting that this is possibly my last Christmas with my mom. I guess in my head, I think if I pretend this isn't really happening, then it won't really happen. Kinda silly, I know.
Anyway, while attending an extrememly cheesy Women's Christmas Tea event this week, I heard something loud and clear that I know the Lord wanted me to hear. Guess what? Christmas isn't about me...or my family...or my mom. If that's all it really is to me...then no wonder I'm feeling depressed. This world is full of alot of crappy stuff. And if I get so wrapped up in my circumstances this time of year that I miss the fact that THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD WAS BORN then I've got a few screws loose.
PEACE.

1 Comments:
So I'M the slow one for just now figuring out that you have your own blog!!! Now I've got lots of reading to do!! :-)
So I'm also bummed that we didn't get to see each other over the weekend and that you didn't get to "squeeze my little head", but I completely understand your desire to be with your mom. I will be finished here in J-town after the semester and moving back to the metropolis for awhile. I plan to go to your neck of the woods sometime in January. I think you, Manda, and I need some quality girl time--complete with scrapbooking!!
I love you, Kar-Kar, and am praying for you and your family. May you be strengthened by His peace and presence today.
Post a Comment
<< Home