We're Off To See...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

33...

Today is Easter and I had a strange thought as I drove home from church today. I'm 33. Jesus was 33 when it all went down.

He was my age. He was so young. At least I feel so young...not at all prepared to take on all the burdens that I have to on a daily basis...let alone prepared to take on the burdens of the world.

He had friends...people who were flesh and blood. People he hung out with and laughed with...just like me.

He had lost one of his parents. I know how that feels too.

He wasn't married. As far as we know, he had never been in love. I wonder if he had ever felt like he was left out, or left behind because of his singleness.

He was human. He had skin that bled, and eyes that cried. His feet got tired and his stomach got hungry. He got sad and he was filled with joy.

He was afraid. He did it anyway. And he was only 33.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

thanks for that again when you are going to make people cry advise them to grab a kleenex. I love you and I love Jesus:)

4:57 PM  
Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

I'm 3 weeks away from being 33--debating life and a willingness to die. Needless to say, this post made me cry.

Thanks for the reminder and perspective.

Love You!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Ttime said...

Deep Thoughts by Karla Lows. You really could write a book. (I'll provide the analogies!)

Thanks for that.... well put.

7:34 PM  
Blogger june clever said...

33 was a weird year for me. It was weird that I was as old as Jesus and I was the same age as my dad when he died. Now at 34, it's a strange feeling to have reached an age my dad never saw.

11:14 AM  
Blogger The Maguire's said...

Girl, this is a great post. Wow! Way to make a girl think. Love you so much!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home