We're Off To See...

Friday, April 16, 2010

Sometimes Life Ain't Fair...

I went for a long walk this morning and had myself a good old-fashioned pity party. See, here's the thing. The guy I was dating last year...the one I have loved since I was 17 years old...he got engaged this week. I heard about it through Facebook, of course. I even got to watch the proposal on youtube.

You need to know this: I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he and I were not meant to be together. Even as I watched the proposal online, I spent time thanking God for taking us down different paths. We would have been a disaster together.

But back to my pity party. I was telling God that life just isn't fair. See, when I think back on that relationship, I know that I did everything right. I was the one who loved the most. I was the one who gave the most, who tried the hardest, who wanted it it more. I was the one who was willing to give up everything to be with him. Even as he was breaking up with me, I would have given anything for one more chance. I would have said anything, done anything...to make him love me back. And he still walked away. And now, he is engaged to someone else. He's given his heart away to someone else. And I'm left alone.

And then a lightbulb went off in my head and my heart. God spoke to me.

"Hey Karla...you just described my Son."

And the tears began to flow down my face. Jesus. He did everything right. He loved the most. He gave the most, tried the hardest, wanted it more. He was willing to give up everything to be with me. He would have (and did) given up everything for me to love Him back. And still, I walk away. Everyday I give my heart to other things. I turn away from Him. And there on the cross...He was left all alone.

So...there it is. Sometimes life ain't fair. But if my ex getting engaged causes me to understand my Savior a little more than I did before...then so be it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the greatest women I know hands down. What a year you have had . I love you . See what A good walk can do for you,

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home